The Smile Center of Peoria specializes in life-changing cosmetic services.
Cosmetic Veneers and Crowns
Dental veneers and crowns are thin shells of porcelain or composite resin that are custom made to fit over teeth. A cosmetic veneer covers only the front of your tooth, whereas a crown covers the entire tooth. They can be used to fix chipped, stained, misaligned, worn down, uneven or abnormally spaced teeth.
These cosmetic options may be beneficial for those who want a long-term solution to persistent cosmetic concerns and haven’t responded well to other dental treatments, such as teeth whitening, braces, or retainers.
Crowns and Bridges
Crowns and bridges are placed over damaged or missing teeth to improve the appearance, shape, or alignment of your smile. Crowns are tooth-shaped “caps” made of porcelain or ceramic that cover the tooth in need of repair. Bridges are used to replace missing teeth by anchoring caps to surrounding teeth.
If you have damaged or missing teeth and are interested in crowns or bridges, please contact us. We would love to discuss your options and help you make the best decision for your smile.
Full Mouth Reconstruction
A full mouth reconstruction typically involves a general and/or a cosmetic dentist that will perform a number of procedures in a patient's mouth to have it looking impeccable appearance-wise and have it functioning normally as well. The reason why this procedure is called a full mouth reconstruction is that it includes more than one cosmetic dental procedure. These procedures typically involved anything from dental bridges, dental crowns, fillings, dental implants, tooth extractions, veneers and much more. In addition to the procedures for the teeth, a full mouth reconstruction in repairing and maintaining the patient's gums to ensure total oral health in all aspects.
The health and functionality of your smile is our #1 goal for your full mouth reconstruction. If you have chips, cracks, toothaches, missing teeth, muscle or jawbone pain, headaches related to the jaw and much more, we will tackle these issues to ensure you’re happy with the health and functionality of your smile.
Whitening can bring the brightness back to your teeth. Teeth can discolor over time for a variety of reasons, such as diet, trauma, certain medications, and age. Whitening gels work to remove both surface and deep stains on teeth. The results can last a long time, though touch up treatments are available if needed.
Teeth whitening can be done at our office or at home with customized trays. If you’re interested in a whiter smile, schedule a whitening appointment today!
Flowable Composites are used in all kinds of dental procedures including as liners and bases, along with temporary crown repair, veneer cementation, pit and fissure sealing, porcelain repair, and in many restorative procedures. These composites “flow” into place and are then sculpted to create a highly aesthetic restoration.
Do you suffer from unsightly white spots on your teeth? These little imperfections often occur due to issues such as fluorosis, demineralization, trauma, poor oral hygiene, or discoloration that occurs after orthodontic treatment. In the past, the only way to treat these white spot lesions (WSLs) involved shots, drilling, and resin or porcelain restorations. Today, Dr. Wright-Lowry is proud to offer Icon treatment, an innovative and painless way to erase that lesions without the need for a highly invasive dental procedure.
How Icon Works
WSLs occur due to an imbalance of mineralization and remineralization on the teeth. Simply put, some portions of the enamel contain a higher concentration of minerals than other portions, which leads to uneven coloration. The lesions are areas where minerals can’t access deeper portions of the enamel; they look white because of the way light scatters when it hits the lesions.
Here is how Icon works to correct WSLs and enamel bruising:
- Dr. Wright-Lowry, a skilled general and cosmetic dentist, uses micro-abrasion to expose the tubules of the tooth. Then, she applies an etching material to the tooth multiple times. These steps will ensure that the resin, which is responsible for the color correction, is able to properly soak into the tooth.
- She keeps the tooth dry while applying a special resin. The resin infiltrates the lesion and soaks into the tooth. It forms a bond with the tooth’s structure.
- The dentist removes the extra resin, then uses a light to harden the portion of it that remains in the teeth.
- Dr. Wright-Lowry polishes the teeth to complete the new look. After treatment, your teeth should have a significantly more uniform appearance than they did before.
- From beginning to end, an Icon treatment may last around one hour.
Advantages of Icon
Icon’s most outstanding benefits include:
- It is painless, and there are no needles involved.
- Icon saves as much healthy tooth structure as possible.
- Unlike other treatments for WSLs, Icon is suitable for children. In fact, it is an appropriate treatment for most individuals who have white spots on their teeth due to fluorosis, orthodontia, and other factors.
- Icon is less expensive than alternative treatments, including porcelain veneers.
- The results of the treatment may last for a few years before you need to come in for a touchup.
- Untreated WSLs usually look worse after traditional teeth whitening treatments. Icon-treated WSLs, on the other hand, let you take full advantage of whitening treatments.